Friday, February 26, 2021

Ayan's Book Review
A Mermaid in Middle Grade: The Talisman of Lostland

-by A. M. Luzzader


A Mermaid in Middle Grade: The Talisman of Lostland is the wonderfully crafted story of a young mermaid who is nervous about going to middle school but excited to learn magic there. When the first day of school drags by, and Brynn reaches the magic class, she finds out that she can’t do the magic! 
The other students learn the basic illumination spell as their first session, but not Brynn. She spends weeks practicing, to no avail. Brynn can’t learn any other magic as the illumination spell is the foundation of them all. As the mid-term exam comes up, she takes the only choice available to her now. But will it help? You must read this book to find out!!

This book doesn’t remind me of any other book that I’ve ever read; it’s one of a kind.

This book’s themes are loving and caring for everybody, helping ocean life thrive (did you know that ocean life is currently being negatively impacted by human activity?), and reaching out to others for help, which came as a surprise to me. 😊


There aren’t any illustrations in this book, but I still didn’t miss them.

I give this book 5/5 stars as I read it all in one sitting because I couldn’t put it down.

-  Ayan


P.S. My sister loved this book, too. We would love to read the second book of this series. ðŸ˜Š

No comments:

Post a Comment