Saturday, March 6, 2021



Ayan's Book Review
Ben Archer and the Toreq Son

-by Rae Knightly


I would like to start this review with one word. WOW!

Do you like sci-fi? And what about Alien abduction? If yes, then you must read The Alien Skill series by Rae Knightly.

'Ben Archer and the Toreq Son' is the final leg of this intergalactic sci-fi adventure. 

The story starts when an alien spacecraft lands in front of the United Nations headquarters. The police officers, snipers, and helicopters are ready to attack the craft. The head of the UN, Adhira Prabhakar, is a powerful woman. The secretary-general and superintendent request Adhira to evacuate the building, but she decides to find out who has come in the alien craft. 

And to her surprise, she finds a boy in front of the craft. She immediately walks over to talk to him, only to find Benjamin Archer, the missing boy, or may I say the boy abducted by the aliens. Ben tells her to find Mesmo and come to ‘The Great Gathering’ before he was whisked away by the aliens.

Do the UN attack the spaceship in which Ben was kept hostage? Does Adhira find Mesmo? Could they save the world? Read this edge-of-seat sci-fi to find out. 

Every character in this book is very well developed and has a distinct personality. And my favorite character is Ben (of course, what did you think? 😊). The end of this book (and the series) is very satisfying too.

I loved how the author has woven the story to keep it highly engaging right from the start until the last page. I couldn’t put it down since I wanted to know what would happen next. 

There are some references to the previous books in many instances, but I think this book can still be read as a stand-alone. At the same time, I would highly suggest reading this entire series to enjoy this great adventure.

Needless to say, I give this book 5/5 stars because this the best sci-fi series I’ve ever read.

I received an ARC copy of this book.




No comments:

Post a Comment