Friday, May 21, 2021

      

Amy's Book Review: 

Under Pressure with a Squash

-by Laurel Decher



Under Pressure with a Squash is the third book I've read in A Seven Kingdoms Fairy Tale. This book is as interesting as Book 1 and 2 in this series.

Magellan and Saffy are prince and princess of the Saffron Kingdom.

Saffy’s fairy godmother’s gift is straight-shooting, so she can shoot the target of an archery contest in one hit! Magellan’s talent is drawing maps, but his fairy godfather’s gift is tunnel vision, which means that he can see inside any tunnel.

When Magellan runs from a multiplication test, his mother confiscates his notebook in which he makes maps. A map notebook that he needs the most. Who wants to do multiplication when they have to worry about a dragon? 😊 A Saffron dragon, that is. Magellan and Saffy are both worrying about their ailing Saffron dragon.

Magellan and Saffy have to work together and perform the perfect moves to keep their dragon safe. Can they save the dragon? Read this fantastic book to find out!

My favorite character in Under Pressure with a Squash is Saffy, whose straight-shooting is incredible. Magellan is terrific, too. I love the way he draws maps.

I recommend this book for children 9+ because the fast-moving plot might be hard to follow for younger readers.

I give this book 5/5 stars as it is a great read.

-Amy

P.S. I would love to read more by Laurel Decher.

 

 


4 comments:

  1. I love this review and photo! I also have a question for you, Amy. Magellan and Saffy took turns telling this story. In the first two books--as you know :)--only one person told the story.

    I'm thinking about book 4 and wondering if it is more fun to have one main character or two. What do you think? Do you like staying inside one person's head for the whole story? Or hearing the story from a boy and a girl? Or does it depend on the story for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear from both the boy and the girl. It will be very interesting I think.
      Also, if the story needs it, it would be best to have it that way.
      Thank you for asking.
      -Amy :)

      Delete
  2. Oh! I didn't see this right away. Thanks so much for taking the time to think it over and write an answer. Do you write stories too? Your answer sounds like you have thought about what stories need. That's a very authorial sort of thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love to write stories and poems.
      Ayan doesn't write poems, but I do.
      -Amy :)

      Delete