Wednesday, March 10, 2021

  

Ayan's Book Review 

Guinevere: On the Eve of Legend

-by Cheryl Carpinello


I've read a few Arthurian legends before, but this book has a magical touch that takes it to the next level.
'On the Eve of Legend' is an Arthurian middle-grade book about Lady Guinevere. A few days before her thirteenth birthday, there came a visit from King Leodegrance’s (Guinevere’s father’s) neighboring kings. But before leaving, King Arthur made the life-changing decision to marry Guinevere. However, as King Leodegrance agreed to the betrothal without her having a say in it, Guinevere made up her mind to leave that world of Arthur. 
But will she ever come back? And what will happen to the engagement? You must read the book to find out!

If you look at the cover of this book, you’ll find a unicorn. This unicorn teaches Guinevere that the path of life might be ragged, but doing the right thing will always lead to victory. That’s the theme of this story—doing the right thing no matter what.
I particularly liked the illustrations in this book, especially the ones that included Merlyn. Merlyn always had a huge beard, which I found quite hilarious.


I recommend this book to anybody aged 7+ as the plot might be a little complex for younger children to understand.
I give this book 5/5 stars as it’s a great read and will keep anyone engaged.
P.S. I'm reading the next book in this series, and the review of that is coming soon!
Keep reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for much for the lovely review. I'm sure you'll like the next book. It's Cedwyn's story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I liked Cedwyn in the first book, and I'm excited that I'll read about him in the second. :-)
      Thank you for writing such wonderful stories, Ms. Cheryl.

      Delete