Wednesday, March 10, 2021

  

Amy's Book Review: 

The Last Fairy Door

-by N. A. Davenport


Do you think all fairies are girls? I thought that too. But can a boy be a good fairy? Oh yes absolutely, I found that in this middle-grade fantasy book.

The main character in 'The Last Fairy Door' was Amy. Her real name was Amaryllis, but she made herself a nickname—Amy.  Amy’s father was sick, and her mother was no-one-knows-where, so Amy had to move to her grandmother’s house. 
While going there, she saw some flickering movement in her grandma’s barn. In her grandmother’s house, she found a box labeled Amaryllis in which she found a pendant, which her grandma said seemed to be the one that Amy’s mom owned. She goes to her grandma’s barn to find out if the flickering was real, and she finds a boy fairy, Flax. (I was so happy to learn about a boy fairy.) 😊
Amy wants to find her mom, but she doesn’t know the continent, country, state, city, or neighborhood. Does she find her mom? Could she return to her grandma’s house? Read this exciting fantasy adventure book to find out!
A few themes in this book include friendship, family love, and perseverance.

I give this book 5/5 stars as 'The Last Fairy Door' is an exciting book and kept me hooked till the end. Even at night, when I’m not supposed to read from a tablet(for we have no screen time at night), I wanted to read The Last Fairy Door! 
I would love to read more books by the author, N. A. Davenport.  

No comments:

Post a Comment